Smartphone market trends are strange. At first, few wanted phones that had touchscreen interfaces. However, that changed and today, few people like something that has buttons (like this phone). It is in light of these trends that talking about a phone like the Motorola Moto G6 makes most sense. It has not switched to a notched display. To most of its competitors, it is a reminder why stock Android still offers the best experience. The biggest bit is that it has stayed true to its mission of being affordable (something even OnePlus’ latest finds difficult to stick to). Oh, the phone’s prices start from Rs 13,999*.
|Specifications||Motorola Moto G6|
|Price||Rs 13,999 – Rs 15,999|
|Processor||1.8Ghz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 with Adreno 506 GPU|
|Display||IPS LCD, 5.7-inch, Full HD+ resolution and 18:9 aspect ratio|
|Internal Storage||32GB/64GB (expandable up to 256GB with microSD card)|
|Operating System||Android 8.0 Oreo|
|Rear Camera||12-megapixel + 5-megapixel|
|Battery||3000mAh with fast charging|
|Dimensions||154.5mm x 72.4mm x 8.3mm|
|Water/Dust resistance||Yes (water and dust resistance coating)
What’s new about the Motorola Moto G6?
Now, don’t mistake the Motorola Moto G6 to carry something new months after launch. Yes, it has more variants than ever. However, the highlight of Moto G6 is not about all that’s new to it but what isn’t. Confused? This is the phone that can make one fall in love with plain Jane, vanilla smartphones all over again. How so? By simply having a mix of stock Android OS and hardware that isn’t bleeding edge but is amply powerful.
The phone packs an octa-core 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 chip with Adreno 506 GPU and 3GB/4GB RAM. Offered in two internal storage variants – 32GB and 64GB – this phone offers memory expansion of up to 256GB. To save costs, the Moto G6 opts for an IPS LCD display that measures 5.7 inches across and has Full HD+ resolution and 18:9 aspect ratio. It runs on Android 8.0 Oreo (stock) with a few add-ons.
The Motorola Moto G6 has a dual rear camera setup made up of a 12-megapixel primary lens and a 5-megapixel secondary lens. The front camera consists of a 16-megapixel lens. Connectivity options on the phone include Bluetooth 4.2, Dual SIM, USB Type-C, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, 3.5mm headphone jack, and GPS/A-GPS/GLONASS/BeiDou. It is powered by a 3000mAh battery with fast charging support.
Is the Motorola Moto G6 worth consideration?
The short answer is yes. The long answer is this – every buyers, irrespective of tastes/preferences, wants to draw the most value from the money he/she spends. For some, it is a flagship like Samsung Galaxy S9 that works. For some, only an Asus ROG Phone will do. There are still some more who would go as far as to spend a fortune and get the Huawei Porsche Design Mate RS. However, the idea behind the Moto G6 is to simplify everything.
Need a phone with glass and metal construction? Get Moto G6. Looking for a phone with dual rear camera on the cheap? Go Moto G6. Want the stock Android experience with some add-ons for convenience? With a Moto G6, one gets all that. Moreover, he/she gets to save money and avail some nifty add-ons like double-twist for camera, chop twice for flashlight and more. Plus, this phone’s fingerprint reader can also be used to navigate around the phone. The Motorola Moto G6 is too hard to ignore. It has yet to stray from its mission of offering the best for the least, which is near impossible to achieve (just ask OnePlus).
Motorola Moto G6 – Synopsis
- Prices start from Rs 13,999
- Packs an octa-core 1.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- Two RAM options available – 3GB and 4GB
- Two internal storage options available – 32GB and 64GB; both offer expansion up to 256GB via microSD card
- Gets a 5.7-inch IPS LCD display with Full HD+ resolution and 18:9 aspect ratio
- Runs on stock Android 8.0 Oreo
- Gets a dual rear camera setup with 12-megapixel primary lens and a 5-megapixel secondary unit
- Front camera has a 16-megapixel lens
- Made out of steel and glass, has a fingerprint scanner up front, and single front-facing speaker
- Connectivity options include Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi, GPS, 3.5mm headphone jack, and USB Type-C
- Powered by a 3000mAh battery with fast charging support
- Fingerprint scanner can be used for navigating the phone
- Features Moto Gestures like chop twice for flashlight, twist twice for camera, and pick up to stop ringing/flip for do not disturb
*Moto G6 is sold on Amazon India only